Friday, December 24, 2021

Christmas Eve Week

A quiet birthday celebration was exactly what we needed this year. Kate and Ty went to see the new Spiderman movie while Greg and I met for a quick lunch. I then sat in the theater parking lot with tea and a book. Eighteen years seems completely unlikely but we have made peace with the reality of it all. Our sweet babe would be a young man and yet I still recall with absolute clarity the way he felt in my arms.










I read three books, managed some light housework and kept up with laundry. The week provided needed rest. There was a birthday celebration for Ava and dinner out with Bible study friends. The fifth annual Christmas Light Scavenger Hunt was once again a great time. The Edwards in Houston took this year's win but Kate squeezed in an hour of nighttime driving and I kept up with Baughman's smack talk in the group chat while supervising the clipboard. Rumor has it, our kids believe they will be organizing this event for their elderly parents some day. I hope so.







She requested this so she can update her dating profile. 















Today we celebrated Christmas with our kids and my parents before our traditional steak and crab Christmas Eve dinner. Our church hosted a gorgeous candlelight service and then we served dessert and charcuterie. I got to read Twas the Night Before Christmas to my favorite three year old at bedtime. It was a merry Christmas Eve indeed.

No comments: