Friday, August 27, 2021

Random Thoughts

I enjoyed an almost perfect day out with a friend who was passing through town on her way back to San Antonio from Dayton. It was then I was reminded how wonderful neighbors can be despite our desire for more land and privacy. I realized over breakfast, across town, I'd left the tea kettle on a warm stove. Leah went over and turned off the burner so my furlough day was not cut short by the need to return home.

My carpool buddies are cuter than yours. And this one knows it too.

The shopping; however, was fruitless because pant designers do not care that I am dressing a new shape with added weight. They have decided rayon and elastic is the way to go. Why? Just why? I am not a toddler learning to go potty all by myself so elastic waists are ridiculous. And what on earth is up with elastic ankles? And pleats?!? Have they lost their minds? This is not a good look for anyone and to be in the better quality stores that allegedly cater to my age group makes absolutely no sense. Pants are overrated anyway; especially when it's still one hundred degrees outside with no relief in sight. 


Way Maker has been on repeat all week in my mind. Kate and I are both leaning on His promise He is working even when we don't see it. I had a heart scan Thursday. I keep thinking about all the ways I can joke about needing it. No matter how I try to spin it though, I'm still not laughing. Results and additional labs will be discussed next week. It will be what it will be. 

Makenna and I slipped away to see a wedding gown in a boutique across town and fell in love. She said yes to the dress. They have decided to elope before the end of the year. They are pretty smart, these two, craving simplicity and togetherness over all the fuss of wedding planning in the midst of a pandemic. 


A sister, the sweet one, made her brother cry over homework. I swear we will survive sixth grade math. There may be tears and gnashing of teeth but we will prevail. Send prayers.
Anyone else remember this? She was fishing in the yard and yelling at her brother for scaring the fish. Well, she has decided to join the fishing club at school. Alrighty then. You do you, sister. You do you.


No comments: