Saturday, August 14, 2021

Finding Our Groove




We had our first middle school homework related meltdown. It was grand. My boss met me at the door the following morning with peanut M&M's and a hug. He gets it. 




Middle school has been good for Ty overall though. He likes changing classes and moving around the building but juggling eight classes and meeting so many varying expectations has depleted him. We anticipated a learning curve. Anticipating and experiencing require different energy from me.


However,we couldn't be more excited for Kate. She loves school this year. She has missed so many social opportunities throughout the last two years and is making up for lost time. Her friend group has grown and she is more confident than ever. It's a joy to watch her flourish. 






This week's joy moment happened when my favorite five year old told me her teacher is a real handful. 

No comments: