Sunday, March 15, 2020

Toilet Paper, Hives and Friends

Sunday, I ran to Costco for our regular every six week or so stock-up and was unable to purchase toilet paper. I was mildly irritated and slightly amused. This week, however, when I went to both Aldi and Jay C and found both of those aisles cleared, I was a bit more annoyed. We are okay for a couple of weeks but if grocery stores close, things will get interesting around here. Overall I am prepared for the insanity of Coronavirus with a well stocked freezer. While the world loses it's collective mind, I will spring clean and enjoy my family. The blessing in all this mess it the necessity of slowing down.

Layla broke out in hives again this week. We still have no idea what is triggering them but I quickly dosed her with benadryl and they only returned a few times over the next couple of days.

Austin called a few times this week. He loves taking his mommy's phone and giving us a tour of his house. His vocabulary is growing in leaps and bounds as he clearly describes items he finds important. I love seeing his world and hearing his sweet little voice.

Out of the blue, Ty pulled out an old favorite this week and quickly sucked in both Noah and Greg. I love watching them all work together. 

We hosted a dance party during school Friday and I was a life guard which essentially meant I got to dance for two and a half hours with my smallest friends. We had a great time together and Saturday I felt like I had danced for two and a half hours. Ouch.

One of my sweet Kindergarten kiddos tapped me on the shoulder as I was squatting down to speak with another friend and told me she wasn't supposed to touch people because it spreads germs. As she was telling me, she panicked and clasped her hands behind her back, apologizing.  I assured her it was okay and we were all being careful and washing our hands a lot. She gave me four hugs before I left that day. I love her sweet innocence. I am going to miss my friends a lot these next weeks.

Ty suddenly needed to know more about volcanoes and so we spent some time watching videos of Mt. Kailua. His brain fascinates me and I am usually more than happy to follow his lead. Perhaps the e-learning days we are anticipating will have some delightful consequences. This is what I'm telling myself anyway. Typically, traditional school work is not a priority for my active boy.
Her school had spirit week with a share the love theme. I found it somewhat ironic given the social spacing being recommended at the moment. That being said, the photo is adorable and I am glad a friend took it for me.

Kate was sent home early one time this week but otherwise successfully completed an entire week of school just in time for them to close. Sigh. However, we saw a massage therapist who worked on her this week and she recommended a chiropractor for a neck adjustment to see if perhaps the ongoing headache isn't stemming from a neck issue.

Because I spent Friday dancing with 650(ish) kids and Greg spent an hour and half in the emergency room with an ill employee, we decided I didn't need to cancel my lunch plans with friends from Dayton. Annually we meet for a day and it takes months to find an open date on the calendar so rescheduling was not ideal. I'm glad we did it. We all needed the sanity check after this crazy week.

No comments: