Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Ty David, Super Hero

This boy. If you look closely, his fingers are rubbing the silky tag I have reattached to his blanket at least a dozen times. This is his comfort habit. If the blanket is within reach when he is telling one of his seemingly endless stories, he can't help but to reach out and touch it repeatedly throughout the winding tale.



On Martin Luther King's birthday, I let him study tutorials to master a Lego video game that has frustrated him for months. He was pried away to join me and Erin for lunch at a new local Mexican restaurant. He can't recommend the chicken tenders enough.




My latest photography assignment required a colorful and textured background. I saw a building in downtown Louisville that would have been perfect but it was surrounded by housing projects in a less than ideal part of town. My only available timeline had me driving downtown at rush hour unless I kept Ty home from school(for a fleeting moment, this felt reasonable). We would have had to wait beyond my deadline and go this weekend which was terribly disappointing. So the dumpster from the construction zone behind the house served us well. Also, if I want Ty's cooperation in a photo shoot, all I have to do is let him wear a mask. There will eventually be a day when all costumes are removed from his closet and my heart will ache; missing this season.




No comments: