Sunday, January 27, 2019

Real Life


In the midst of wrapping up creative outlets and thoroughly enjoying volunteer time at the school with teachers and staff I now consider friends, we had a kid sent home sick and another struggling to place weight on her knee. We have run the course with our pediatrician and are seeking additional support with the orthopedic surgeon again this week. Life is never dull, even on the most of mundane days in the longest month of the year. January is never for the faint of heart but being creative and getting support to heal my neck has given me a much healthier perspective this year.

Ty signed up for archery club and had his first four classes, ending Wednesday with a tournament and pleas for an updated bow. We are seeking second hand options as the investment is no joke and likely only going to last him a year or at the most, two. Hobbies are expensive says the lady with camera lens envy.

Greg worked from home on Friday in an attempt to manage some business and immediately understood how challenging the most simplistic errands can possibly escalate. He ran around and achieved very little toward his goals. He needs a passport for an upcoming trip out of the country for work and not too many agencies are equipped, apparently.


Layla was asked to model for a friend's bandana company which was created to raise funds to support a Great Pyrness rescue. She is a pretty girl, but that second image? Let's just say my friend is sweeter than me.

Whereas Layla is considered a model now, I am anything but comfortable in front of the camera. Fifty or so tries at a self portrait for my class in front of a timer and a whole lot of hope, this finally turned out.  Self portraiture will never be my creative outlet but it's nice to know I have a prayer of using it again if needed for a group shot someday.


Kate threw the game box at her father while he took photos. Clearly, I was shocked.

When I request, Greg will round a corner with his phone and attempt to capture the kind of images I do love......real life as it happens.



This afternoon required a warm fire and one cannot have a fire without also having smores. It's a rule. Ty says. But the teens cozied up and chatted with us about life, firetrucks and new jobs and we enjoyed them immensely.




No comments: