Sunday, July 26, 2015

The final days....

Our summer is quickly wrapping up as school starts this week. Celebrating Makenna combined with back-to-school tasks consumed most of our weekend. Saturday night, Makenna and I were called to the hospital to support friends losing a very special man in their lives. Needless to say, it wasn't what Makenna planned to do on her birthday but it's something she is glad she was able to do for her friend. Emotionally it has taken it's toll though. This man loves the Lord and told me weeks ago he was at peace as his life was in God's hands. I am grateful for that truth as it provides comfort in his final hours but watching this family say goodbye to him is tough.

As much as it breaks my heart, we are going to have to utilize the dog crate again. Layla has torn something up each of the few times she has been left home alone. She is fine as long as someone is here, even if they are sleeping but she is overly stressed when left alone. Saturday's casualty was a library book on my nightstand. Sigh.


I made some napkins appropriate for kindergarten and we shopped for some Lego display ideas at Home Depot. We took Makenna along and ended up with the essential bathroom sign. I think it's fun but Greg only humored us as we put it in the cart.

She needed new specks to best tackle her sophomore year. Years ago kids were tortured by having to wear large plastic frames but my child chose these and loves them. 



On Friday, we borrowed a friend's pool for the afternoon. Ty still remains on the steps but Devyn braved deeper water once she discovered I don't cart kids around pools. By the time we left, she was jumping in and went under a few times. She was pretty proud of herself. I suspect our opportunities for water play are quickly dwindling. This summer flew by and I am not certain we are ready for the routine of school. Ready or not, here it comes.

No comments: