Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Super Day at the Zoo

I took my favorite little super hero and his trusty side kick to the zoo today. It was a perfect day to let the kids explore with minimal crowds and mild weather. Coincidentally, we ran into Batman and a little Halloween witch there. I appreciated being free of the stroller for the day as both kids are big enough to walk along. Today's highlights were the kangaroo that hopped right up to us on our walking path. Had we been brave, we literally could have touched it. Ty was conscientious about being quiet so we didn't scare it. We saw a gorilla banging on a door to be let inside and another one imitating a little girl through the glass. The Lego sculptures continue to captivate me and Ty bounced off every surface provided for the entire three hours we visited. It was a perfect day at the zoo. I need to take Kate on a mission to find the rest of the Lego sculptures soon. She is likely the only one patient enough to join me.

Giant Lego spider....the only spider I think I like.

A free Lego kid tent is available for sculpture building.









No comments: