Sunday, April 20, 2014

Ty Time

Kristin and I met Friday for lunch and an afternoon at EnterTrainment Junction with our favorite four year old boys. Avry, armed with chocolate to share in order to expedite the friendship Kristin and I are determined to see bloom for our sons came ready to have a great time. Ty warmed up quickly and they were buddies throughout the museum, although button pushing competitions got a little out of hand a time or two. Boys are rather competitive creatures, aren't they?


 
The tilt room was a highlight for the boys; however, the grown ups were unable to enter as instant vertigo set in.
 


Then Ty and I headed up the road to my parent's house for the night. Ty has never had so much undivided attention and he loved it; however, he repeatedly mentioned Kate. A quick text home revealed Kate was missing Ty too. Mom and Dad took us to the Air Force Museum to see air planes and rockets before a quick lunch and then to see Mr. Peabody and Sherman at Wright Patterson Air Force Base.





Mom and I cleaned out her attic and discovered a bag of keepsake dresses we both enjoyed exploring. We found Mom's wedding dress, her Hawaiian dress, my Mexican dress, several special occasion dresses from mine and Theresa's childhood along with little handkerchiefs and a tea towel from great grandmothers. It was an awesome discovery; one we didn't anticipate. I brought home my Mexican dress for Kate, as I was her age when we went to Mexico from our home in San Antonio, Texas when my dad bought it for me.

After a Goodwill run with a van load of donations, we grabbed dinner and then Ty and I headed home. Pulling into the driveway at 11:00 pm on the eve of a holiday was not the plan, but the time spent bonding with my parents and Ty was worth it.

2 comments:

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

Fun!

TeamWilmore said...

Yay!!!! It worked!!! I love this post and all the photos!!!!