Monday, March 10, 2014

Burning Energy

Spring was in the air today and we couldn't drink in enough of it. After a bit of school work and lunch, we headed to a local park with a fantastic paved trail. I brought the kids' bikes so they could ride along with me.
Somewhere during our second mile my knee let me know that in no uncertain terms would I continue running. It used hurtful words and was rather ruthless. I am grateful I was able to walk my way out of the park, load up the bikes and get home before my knee grew to the baseball size mass it is currently. It isn't comfortable but I am still thrilled we got out and about today. I am starting to question the wisdom of running rather than the walking that I have always enjoyed. Greg demanded an explanation for the determination I have shown toward running the last few months. "Because I want to run a 5K while I am 40" earned me a well deserved eye roll.


Kate humored me with a few photos. Her brother is suddenly more self conscience when I pull out the camera which breaks my heart a bit. He is growing so quickly, I want to preserve every moment I can.

And finally, if you are a parent with a child in sports, this is a must read.

No comments: