Thursday, March 20, 2014

A few things about Ty

When he grows up, he wants to be a dad.

He needs to know how animals hug.


When he is five, he will fly a rocket to the moon because he will be sooooo big. (Stated with his hand stretched way up above his head.)

We were wrapping up prom shopping for Lauren and ended up at Old Navy for flip flops because she won't wear dress shoes. Ty discovered a shirt and tie on a rack and determined he needed to wear it to Aunt Theresa's house for Mason's party. Given that this child is so much like his tee-shirt wearing Daddy, I was shocked. I can't easily get a sweater on the boy, much less a tie! When we got home, he grabbed his fedora hat from the dress up bin and declared he had an outfit. He also planned on wearing flip flops. Shirt, tie and fedora works with flip flops about as well as a formal prom gown does, but I am not judging. They are both cute enough to pull it off. However, when it came time to get ready for the party, Ty opted out of the tie and fedora.

Last night I rounded the corner and heard my little boy singing to himself, "I know I am feeling bad. And I want to play with someone but no one wants to play with me". I sat down beside him and asked what he was doing. Ty answered simply, "just singing the song I sing when I am sad". It broke my heart.

He would like his grandma and grandpa to move to Georgetown because Ohio is too far away. 

No comments: