Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Why do we buy toys?

Mom got a new washer but the kids got the best part.....
the awesome box! My kids have literally called neighbor kids to invite them over to play with the new box. I think I will hit up my favorite UPS guy for empty boxes and call it Christmas around here this year.
I talked myself into the washer purchase once I learned my neighbors were consistently saving $150/month on their water bill after investing in an HE model in December. They were the second family of similar size to make that switch with incredible results. I am tired of spending $300/month on water and Sears had a great sale. It will pay for itself in three months.

The day after we invested, Anne's washer threw a fit and tossed 45 gallons of water all over her house. She and Greg spent a few hours cleaning up the mess and that afternoon Anne also bought a new washer. At Sears. The same model. From the same salesperson. She's a copy cat. We both installed our new machines yesterday and continued to text one another about features until Anne ended our little dialog with one final text, "we need a life". Amen.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Make sure you use a lot less detergent. You don't have to have HE soap, just use less of what you already use. Ours works with the soap I make or store bought. Just had to train the kids to use less.

Baughman Family said...

I am still using my homemade, just feel it's doing a better job even though I was always happy with it. Just one tablespoon. Let me know if you think I can or should use less.