Monday, June 10, 2013

This week

Remember this photo?
It was taken on Friday. Sadly, the lettuce, carrots, cucumbers and spinach were in the fridge. 

This one was taken today; just before I went back to the grocery store. Someone please tell me this is normal. Someone PLEASE show me a cheaper way. I don't want to confess how much more quickly junk food would have vanished. 
Lauren started her new job with McDonald's on Friday. She worked 9 hours on each Friday and Saturday. She likes it but comes home exhausted. So far, Sundays are her only day off. Today, she worked for the hair salon before putting in a full shift at McDonald's. Sister is saving for a car and can't get enough hours this summer. 

This week is Vacation Bible School week in our area. Makenna and Audrey are participating in Destination Unknown again this year and loving it already. Today, they went bowling and Audrey scored the highest among her peers. Kenna? She bowled a strong 21! I love that athletic girl. They don't know where they are headed each day but have looked forward to returning since last year's adventure wrapped up. 

Kate is participating in the same program she's enjoyed for the last three years. Her favorite friend is once again in her class and we discovered tonight that I know her favorite friend's mother so additional play dates can be planned throughout the summer. And...because life can always stand a little more activity, I signed Ty up for an evening VBS at Anne's church. He wasn't quite old enough for the same one Kate enjoys but I didn't want him to miss out, given how much he loves church. Kate also wants to tag along so I am running those two in the evenings. In between VBS drop offs and pick ups, I have Lauren working two jobs and needing rides in and out of town. Karston and Devyn spent the so much time in car-seats today, I felt guilty. It's going to be a busy week. I was clearly delusional when I prepared for the lazy days of summer. Summer is anything BUT lazy so far. 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel your pain on the groceries. With our houseful, plus friends who like to hang out here, I feel like we spend more in food than our mortgage!! With baseball season in full swing, the bill goes a little higher since I need some "grab and go" items, "quick and easy" items for those at home. I try to utilize the crock pot as much as possible, but.....

Unknown said...

Brenda posted,not Joe, FYI. :)

Baughman Family said...

It is crazy...next to the mortgage, food is our largest expense. I coupon, watch sales and stock up when the prices are low but in all seriousness, I feel like the more I bring into the home, the more they inhale! I am forever hearing, "we don't have anything to eat"! I wish I was comfortable letting them live on Ramen!

Jill May said...

The only way I save on the fruits and veggies is to grow them, but it is very time consuming, especially when you are running Lauren all over creation! :) I am so glad that she is motivated to be working for what she wants, that is awesome!!! You could do lettuce and spinach in pots on the deck, they are easy to grow and you wouldn't have to dig a garden.