Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Look Out!!

Lauren passed her learner permit exam today. She then attended orientation for her new job with the brand new McDonald's opening on Thursday. Later, she worked for the salon for a few hours. Today, I put 100 miles on the van running Lauren's errands. She then wanted to know if we could go for another drive this evening. Umm, NO! Mom is wiped out and so is the van!

I fed some strange college boys dinner tonight. They knocked on the door this morning to sell books and I didn't have time for them. As they walked away, I stopped them with a dinner invite and then texted my girlfriend that I was feeding starving book salesmen in her honor. She paid her way through college selling Southwestern books in the 90's. As it turns out, she has two sleeping her house again this summer. We are both on the "cool parent" list with Southwestern. The boys were thrilled to be fed real food and enjoyed joking around with my teens tonight. They were good kids and will be back at the end of the summer to make neighborhood deliveries. Erin accused me of trying to set her up with one of them. Please....I was hoping to inspire her to pay her way through college! But, as I quickly told Erin, she could find worse than a hard working college boy!


No comments: