Monday, April 8, 2013

Brutus' World

Rumor has it I have been discussed on this blog thing. I am not impressed and think it's high time I have my say. The boss lady of this house likes me, even if she rarely says so out loud. She sneaks me treats but acts like it's an accident. She makes the little people in the house open the door for me a million times a day while I monitor both the yard and the house. My job is exhausting. The people here....all seven of them are all over the place. I can't keep track of everyone all the time and wear myself out trying. Occasionally I have to leave the yard to find one of them and then find myself in time out. If they would just stay in one place, together all the time, my job would be so much easier and I wouldn't get into trouble. Much.

When I was first chosen to be a member of this family, three little girls adored me. Of course they did! I am adorable. Anyway, boss lady liked me too and said a lot about my sweet puppy breath. She doesn't say that anymore. In fact, sometimes the things she says about my breath are rude and my feelings get hurt. Anyway, I loved curling up on her lap to nap when my fan club played too hard for too long. The thing is...I was growing quickly and somehow, her lap was getting smaller. One day, I no longer fit on her lap and something in her belly kicked me off! Boss lady thought it was funny. Then one night, boss lady left with boss man and when they came home, a new little person was with them. I was suddenly not the baby in the family anymore and I had a big responsibility. I had to keep my eyes on that noisy little person all the time. Whew. I barely slept and when that baby cried, it was my job to make sure boss lady made it stop. Once the baby started getting big, I decided she was okay. She fed me lots of people food. Unfortunately, most of it was Cheerios. BORING.  And don't even get me started on what the boss lady calls that kids' "puppy proctology" phase. Hello! What was that about? I like her now but there were days I thought Kate should be kenneled.

Anyway, Lauren is the one who helps me get into trouble. She says I am perfect. I couldn't agree more. If it weren't for boss lady, I would sleep on real beds and enjoy lounging on the couch. Lauren lets me when boss lady is busy. When we get caught, Lauren and I both hide our faces and show big brown puppy eyes. I have an advantage in that department. I mean seriously, I am cute. Erin takes me for walks and I love that but boy does she get mad if I get on her bed. And Makenna loves me. She also says I am perfect so I think she is a smart girl. And the newest member of the family is pretty fun. We find adventure together. He takes me exploring and to play in the fields. I am glad Ty was chosen to join the family too.

But, back to my job. I have a lot to do around here. It is so hard to keep track of everyone. They come and go constantly. Sometimes I get dizzy trying to keep up. I can't tell you how many naps I need to take just to manage it all.  And training boss man? You have no idea how much work he takes. I have to remind him constantly that I NEED to eat when he comes home from work and when he gets up. I swear he forgets EVERY DAY.

So, about the rumors you may have heard about dog hair on the floor, drool on the furniture and evidence I have been on beds while everyone is out....just know that I work pretty hard around here and boss lady likes me. I know she does.

4 comments:

TeamWilmore said...

Oh my goodness - I am laughing so hard I'm crying. Brutus - this is definitely one of my favorite posts. You are a great/hilarious writer and should visit the blog more often! :)

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

Oh my gosh - that was hilarious!!

Jill May said...

Brutus, you are a hot mess!!! Just as rotten as the canine laying at my feet right now! :)

Missy M said...

This is an awesome post. Our new puppy should be so lucky!! Love it!!