Saturday, November 24, 2012

Train

 My Grandpa Hughes had a Christmas themed train that circled his tree every year. He had a few trains in his collection I always enjoyed seeing, not only as a child but well into my adult years. Santa themed trains have always reminded me of him. Given the on-going expenses of the Christmas season, a train has never made the priority list. This year though, I decided to shop around online a bit and found one really inexpensive set and splurged. I thought Ty would enjoy it almost as much as his momma. Unfortunately, it was so poorly made, we immediately returned it. There was no way that train was going to survive an entire month under our tree much less be a part of future celebrations. When I shared my disappointment with my parents, they decided to surprise all the grand kids with trains, one for my house and one for Theresa's. Looks like the tree is going up early this year. We need a place to keep the new train.

1 comment:

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

I am so glad they got you all a train as a surprise! I was bummed at the beginning of this post when you mentioned you had to send yours back - yay for happy endings (and grandparents)!!