Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Ty and Brutus

Before I get to the hilarious shots of Ty shooting Brutus, I want to share a little story I like to call, I am the Mother of the Year.
Ty had his three year check up today. It was the first time Ty's been to the doctor since his two year check up last July. Yeah! That will likely not be the story a year from now since he is starting school in two weeks. Anyway...during the routine physical we learned he has gained four pounds and grown two inches this year. He is 29.2 lbs (20%) and 39 inches (40%). He also has walking pneumonia. The doctor kept questioning me about his congestion. I repeatedly told her he was a little congested but it wasn't bad, he wasn't too run down and he wasn't running a fever. I wouldn't bring him in for that but mentioned he had a virus last week that kicked off the cold sores again. She laughed at me and let me know his right lung was full of fluid. Wonderful. He's wrapping up the anti viral meds today from his latest cold sore outbreak and starting antibiotics. I thought he was dealing with some allergies and didn't think they were significant enough to warrant medication, much less a trip to the doctor. Yep, I am the mother of the year.
 
 
 
 
When our little man isn't busy harassing Brutus, he is still exploring. Future scientist?
Don't worry, the harassment goes both ways. Did you want to play this game?
I have a lot of new material to learn before starting my new job so I asked Greg to occupy Ty for a few hours. Within a few minutes, Ty was back at my side requesting attention. When I asked him what Daddy was doing, he said, "he's playing trains". Sigh.

No comments: