Friday, September 2, 2011

September?

The calendar says it is September. The thermometer says it is 100 degrees!
I won't let that stop me from decorating or buying my first bag of candy corn!
Pumpkin scents are still welcome but with temperatures like this, chili, hot cocoa, bonfires and freshly baked pumpkin bread are not. I won't yet light one of my candles either.
I always look forward to fall. It is my favorite time of year and this year I pulled my large pumpkin candle out a few days prior to September 1. I couldn't help myself! That scent refreshes me. I crave the coziness cooler temperatures and warmer colors bring. Rumor has it we will see highs in the 70s next week and I am ready. Jeans, sweatshirts in the evenings and comfort foods....bring it on!

Welcome fall. Feel free to stay awhile.....like until Spring!
I added this little cutie to my collection today but quickly realized Ty would "bounce it" so it is tucked safely away on the counter. Simple pleasures....mine, not his this time!

2 comments:

Jamy Coulson said...

I'll have to get out my fall decorations, too! I have a fall/halloween table runner in mind as my next sewing project. I believe I'll be working on that this coming week.

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

Love them all! I really like the welcome pumpkin sign hanging on the hooks by the door - cute idea!