Thursday, February 11, 2010

This is a day the Lord has made......

Ever have "one of those days"? This week has been rather full of them for me! Our computer crashed taking all my email accounts, bookmarked websites, and our homeschool records with it. If you emailed me last night or today, please resend so I can save your email address in our insight webmail. I will miss Outlook until our wonderful computer guy works his magic on our tower in the next couple of weeks. Ty went to the doctor last Friday when he had what appeared to be a cold sore. I called to ask if we could use Zoverax to treat it. They informed me a cold sore on a baby is typically an indicator of an underlying medical condition so they needed to see him. I took him in to see the new nurse practitioner who called in one of the doctors because she was convinced it was impetico. He disagreed and diagnosed it as a cold sore and recommended we use Zoverax.....no underlying condition except perhaps the fact that we pay our medical bills! So, the "cold sore" has spread and new white head spots have started. It looked so bad today, I called again and was informed they needed to re-evaluate him. Another two hours and likely over $100 later, it has been re-diagnosed as impetico. He's on oral and topical antibiotic for treatment. I pray it clears up quickly. I looks so painful and quite ugly. I don't like seeing it on my sweet baby's face. If I had the ability to upload photos, I'd post one. He makes the silliest faces these days. He cracks us all up regularly. He weighed 19 lbs today...

We've had quite a bit of snow and been house bound all week. Kate has been rather stir crazy. She has had a couple of funny one-liners lately. On Sunday, I was able to take a "Mommy Day Away" and met my best friend Kristin in Indy for a day of scrapbooking. I am so thrilled to be caught up! Anyway, we were all having breakfast before I left and Kate asked Greg if he was going to like being boss while Mommy was away! The look on his face was priceless! He laughed and said that he can't be boss when I am away because someone always tells him he isn't doing it like Mom! She also started a story last week that began with "one day, when I was young..." Hilarious!

No comments: