Friday, November 10, 2023

Week Forty-five

I mopped at six in the morning to allow it to dry before routine activity in the house. I no sooner left the room to hang the mop before I discovered Oliver resting on the damp floor. I can't win.

Diesel is always desperate to see Ada. He has taken to sitting on the arm of the chair or couch to elevate himself for closer inspection while also obeying the command to sit. He isn't dumb, just a total handful.


This gorgeous week was welcomed heartily. Bible study on a patio, open windows, tea outside a coffee shop with a new acquaintance and grilled dinners allowed us to celebrate this little warm up before cold weather returns. I hated wasting even a moment of it. But alas, school was in session and commitments were kept. Adulting isn't easy when the sun is shining and I just want to sit on my swing and read. I did manage some laps around the parking lot during lunch to absorb as much sunshine as possible.


We met a mobile mechanic this week when the truck wouldn't start in the driveway Wednesday morning. We called in favors for transportation and navigated a late dinner around appointments. But while waiting, Ty and I competed in a game of HORSE while Diesel stood guard in the yard. It redeemed the ridiculousness of the situation.

My parents drove over on Thursday so Dad could be honored as a Veteran at Austin's school. Guests weren't permitted to attend because of the capacity limitations so I took the morning off to spend time with my mom. Dad got to shake hands with two gentlemen who served in World War II; simply incredible. And Mom and I had breakfast and then visited Kate at the rental she and Lauren share. It was a beautiful Friday. 





No comments: