Friday, October 20, 2023

Week Forty-two

He needed shoes and as soon as we had them purchased, he declared the need for "real food." Apparently pizza the size of his head has lost its appeal. The sudden growth of over three inches and two shoe sizes has jump-started his protein intake. But I begged for a photo and even gave him creative control because his face is missing from the annual album. He is changing so fast now and I don't want to miss it.
Diesel has to be in the center of everything. Evan grew up with tiny dogs but has grown to accept the beast. Diesel leaves little choice in the matter.

We took Ty to register for our local public school on Wednesday. I'd had previous conversations with the staff to prepare them for my "sweet boy." As we were leaving with his schedule, the counselor warned him about the girls in the building. She told him he would be "fresh meat." Without missing a beat, the "sweet boy" said, "why do you think I am here?" 



I had to go to work before he left for his first day and asked Greg to handle the morning pep talk. He offered, "don't add to the population. Don't take away from the population. Don't go to jail and if you do, establish dominance early." This is where I tap out. It's all beyond my control. But Greg took the above photo in the truck at drop-off and I see the face of a boy feeling pretty uncertain despite his bravado. I think I'm glad I wasn't the one handling the first day jitters because I had them too.


Erin sold her condo this week. It was listed for only twelve hours when it went under contract with a cash buyer who wants to close next week. Erin and Evan aren't yet certain about their next move but anxious to have a home before their December wedding.




Austin hung out with us for a few hours while his mommy took a short parenting break Thursday evening. He brought his new lightsaber and Uncle Ty enjoyed sparring with him. 

No comments: