Friday, July 7, 2023

Week Twenty-seven



We were all glad to see her Sunday in recovery mode.

This knucklehead had to see Erin on the computer screen too. 😳

Erin made it to the final twelve in the Miss Kentucky competition. She made friends, connections and spread her cervical cancer screening message. Her mission was complete but she would have preferred it be wrapped up before the competition between the final twelve. Sister was way out of her element. She carried herself well and has some hilarious stories. I'm proud of her. 



I met my girlfriends in Ohio to celebrate the second of three 50th birthdays in our group this year. The laughter was so good for my soul. These are my people. I'm so grateful for each and every one of them.


We have another safety guy in the house. This one carries a sword.





The fourth was a quiet affair. The young adults attended firework shows while Greg and I went to bed early. Don't worry. We still heard them for days. We had a few moments of sparklers with Austin who was his usual animated self as he waved them around. This boy is something else.


Cleveland has a two story Target and the carts have their own escalator. We found way too much joy in this.


I borrowed her yoga mat.

Thursday I drove to Cleveland to see Kristil. I'd never made the drive and despite the rainy weather, found the almost six hours of solitude rather relaxing. We spent Friday shopping, dining and holding down deck chairs for hours. It was perfectly restful and exactly what my brain needed. This summer has been full and it appears I need to leave the house to rest well. I'm so glad Kristil is within reasonable driving distance now. Texas was way too far away. 

No comments: