Friday, April 21, 2023

Week Sixteen

Some fun facts I learned this week about my little mourning dove family. First, if the tree they typically nest in dies, they will adapt. Second, once you discover a nest with eggs in your hanging basket, you water VERY carefully. Third, hanging baskets with nests cannot be covered for frost advisories. Fourth, momma mourning doves lay the eggs. Daddies sit on them during the day while Momma brings food and supplies. Daddies then galavant all night while Mom takes her shift. I'm glad I'm not a mourning dove. 

He tries very hard to convince me to stay home in the mornings. 

Thursday after school he accompanied me for X-rays and a Costco run. We pre-gamed with Longhorn, where he devoured the bread before dinner. 

Diesel REALLY likes this new toy.

He is a big fan of this one too. Ty in Costco means Diesel gets new toys.

Someone was pumped about his snow cone.

This girl. No makeup, pony tail and big glasses at Miss Kentucky orientation. I love her.

Kate and Kam. I adore these two.


Greg is serving on an Emmaus Walk this weekend. He committed to meetings for it last Sunday and Wednesday before leaving on Thursday. We will get him back Sunday evening, where I am sure he will fall directly into a deep, necessary sleep. I miss him already.



Kate and her friends scored tickets to see Morgan Wallen Thursday night. I didn't love letting her go into Louisville but appreciated the opportunity to experience a bucket list item. The city has been fairly unsettled lately and my instincts often lean toward overprotective. I'm working on it. 


Since she was out so late, she scored a day off school today. I left a housekeeping list for Kate and Ty and came home from work to a clean home. I then promptly left again to nap and float in saltwater. A significant amount of inflammation was reduced. My weekend holds promise of less pain. 


No comments: