Saturday, October 8, 2022

Fall Things


If it weren't for the prison orange I always tell myself isn't my color when I'm ready to take out a mouthy kid, I would have purchased a birthday shirt this year. 

I gorged. He literally couldn't slice it fast enough as I inhaled his best brisket yet. It was a happy birthday indeed.


My boss slipped my annual oatmeal cookies into my classroom before work on Monday. What a sweet surprise. He spoils me.


Kate kicked off her two week fall break celebrating my birthday in Lexington with my parents. She always makes a great travel buddy. The rest of the week, she worked, lounged and ordered her graduation dress. It will be here before we know it. 




Ty and I wrapped up our first quarter on Thursday and are being rewarded with a week off. We survived. One of us faired much better than the other. Let's just say that at 13, he is underwhelmed by dedication to education. However, we are both ready to rest and relax in the coming days. 




We ordered wooden base lamps for the living room. We are literally going to screw them into the end tables in the living room so we can have light in the coming dark days of winter. Greg, almost giddy with power, suggested we also screw down all our furniture so Diesel's zoomies no longer rearrange the house. This is where we have landed just four months after adoption. In other words, we've lost our minds. The dog won. 


Our babies have been spotted lined up on the fence behind us and also on our neighbors's porch. I love catching glimpses of the quiet family still sticking together.


Historically, cheating on my grain free diet has involved either a gluten free baked cookie or a single bite of something like Bundt cake or crumbl. However, for reasons that are no longer clear to me, both Greg and I ate a slice of real pizza. It wasn't cauliflower or crust less; it was real, delicious pizza. Within minutes, we were passing the tums back and forth between us. He has recovered this morning. Me? Not so much. This grown up gig stinks. 

No comments: