Monday, May 17, 2021

Sweet(ish) 16





How is it that I am supposed to accept this baby girl of mine who now stands taller than me has turned a full sixteen years? It is beyond me. This week holds a learner permit test, job applications, her Ryan tattoo and opening a checking account in addition to birthday celebrations. The milestones accumulate much too quickly for my heart but we are here, none the less. 


We set out three different evenings these last few weeks to capture some shots of this all too brief moment. I teased her, "if we need three sessions for your sixteenth birthday, what on earth will we do for your Senior year?" And she laughed at me. She doesn't plan on sticking around that long, graduating a year early and heading out to conquer the world. As if I was ready. As if I ever will be ready to let her go. This is my rainbow baby and despite her slightly above average spicy side, she is still my Kate Bug and I adore her. 




So here she is, our tall, sometimes sweet, mostly sassy, crime show obsessed, sworn single for at least a year, compassionate and beautiful daughter. Our Kate Ryan is sixteen. 

Happy birthday, baby girl. I love you.


No comments: