Friday, March 26, 2021

Eye on the Prize


Last Friday evening Kate, Makenna and I went shopping for some spring clothing. Kate needed items last year but we never made any purchases, citing our inability to leave the house as reason enough to save money. Given how few fitting rooms are open, we still struggled but Kate is ready for Georgia anyway. The outing was delightful and included salads in a restaurant as if the world was not still mad.

Saturday, Ty and I cleaned his room so thoroughly it is almost unrecognizable. He packed away a 30 gallon tote full of Legos, signaling the end of a lengthy era. The only toys remaining are Nerf guns, his robot and a couple costumes. It's strange watching this boy transition into a young man. I suppose a momma's heart is never quite ready. 

Greg spent Saturday celebrating the upcoming nuptials of a buddy. Bourbon tours, firing ranges and incredible food occupied a very long but enjoyable day. He needed it. 

A new friend started kindergarten Monday. I got to work with him one-on-one to assess his reading level and what goals we needed to set for him. He and I knew each other for about five minutes when he told me he had a girlfriend in Kansas City.  I asked her name. He couldn't recall. I love him already. 


Tuesday we celebrated Erin. Twenty-six is lovely. My parents came to town to join us for birthday dinner. Erin requested Mr. Potato Head Casserole and it appears my parents may now also ask for it during future visits. It was was a success despite the controversial name. Insert eye roll here.


Wednesday we celebrated Greg. I teased he has aged like fine wine. He countered, "fermented, stinky and yucky?" He is a bourbon guy. But I asked the kids to pretend we all like each other and captured the response. Here we are, in all our dysfunctional glory. 



I love this man and our crazy life.



Ty used the last of his Christmas gift cards to the local trampoline park this week with his sister and a buddy. I forgot to bring my book so Kate spent a great amount of her time hanging out with me watching little ones having a blast. But our almost famous youtuber was surrounded by fans the entire time they jumped with their ipod in hand. "Being famous makes it hard to just jump", Ty David, the celebrity.
We survived the final week of school and work but it was not without some attention deficit. You see, we have a long weekend planned with Austin, Lauren and Taylor. We simply couldn't reach this time quickly enough. Spring break has officially kicked off.



No comments: