Friday, October 9, 2020

Balls




A desk was moved in front of his window for better lighting when recording, a glowing character report from his fifth grade teacher, and he is now officially on fall break. 



Asthma and allergies flared, classes wrapped for the quarter with a test score worth celebrating, and a virtual day was spent with a friend for a necessary change of scenery. 



Our Superman speculates he could walk away from being hit by a car. As a pedestrian. Fifty is the new twenty, it seems.

A few weeks ago I read an applicable illustration about keeping all the proverbial balls in the air. Some are glass and others are rubber. The trick is identifying which kind of ball you are juggling in the moment. Let go of the rubber balls and balance only the glass. Pay attention though because those balls tend to change in different seasons. Yesterday's fragile may bounce today.

Then last week I read a far more applicable story about a child in a ball pit who refused to let go of the balls she was desperately clutching even though her father was pleading for her to let go so she wouldn't sink under. The child was adamant they were hers and barely kept her head above the pit because she wouldn't release her grip. I felt deeper conviction during church Sunday while quietly confessing how overwhelmed I have felt. It appears my Father has been encouraging me to drop the balls as well.

By Wednesday, I decided the balls aren't being juggled at all. We are all in an endless and aggressive game of dodge ball. I don't like dodge ball.


The week was wild, stressful and long. Did I mention we are now on fall break? I miss the second week already. 





For Fun Friday they consumed their traditional ice cream while acknowledging awards given to Ty for reasons he cannot recall. Kate was beyond delighted to have scored Marvel toys at McDonald's. I don't have to understand the fascination, just love the kid exuding joy.

No comments: