Sunday, December 22, 2019

Weekend Moments

The famous youtuber among us was busted playing a prank gone wrong on his sister and failed to take responsibility so his channel has been temporarily shut down. Hours later, Greg read an eight year old youtuber is the wealthiest one in the world. He made 26 million dollars this year. Our HR department now wants to reevaluate its shutdown decision.

Facetime with Austin provided us with a tour of ornaments on his tree and his little face illuminated by Christmas lights was treasured. That baby has my heart.

New Brussels sprout recipes were explored and we have discovered another favorite.

A cat nap on my shoulder taken while I sipped tea and Greg grilled dinner. We'd already enjoyed a park on this unseasonably warm December day.

A friend to add to Nerf chaos was welcomed even though we questioned the need for ladders along the perimeter of the house as necessity. Boys are exhausting joy.

Noah had his birthday celebrated with ice skating and frozen yogurt. They are meeting his extended family in Kokomo, Indiana today which is ironically where my sister was born. The world is rather small.

We perused Greg's childhood scrapbook and stumbled upon this gem. There is no question who Ty favors. I sent it out to our parents and the girls and everyone was shocked. Group texts flew about all the similarities and it lead us down memory lane with Greg sharing stories. It was delightful.

Kate and I colored together until she was struck with a headache. I; however, found the project relaxing and enjoyed completing it. And while I did so? Our son who was not tired asked for popcorn and a movie in our bedroom.

Winter break appears to involve adequate rest. Thank God.  We are due for a few long winter naps.

I woke at one in the morning Sunday to a sudden, loud crash and discovered this mess on our deck. We have no idea what happened but Greg scolded me for running toward the noise with nothing on me to protect myself should I have been met with an intruder.

We were going to wait until it warmed up today to clean up the mess but Ty was worried about the animals and went to work before church.

My friend, Robbin came over for an afternoon of baking. After four hours, I surrendered the sugar for a hot meal so we have Ty's favorite, pizzelles on tomorrow's agenda. Several neighbors will be bombarded by sweet deliveries in the next twenty four hours.

We are wrapping up our weekend with Home Alone, Ty's first viewing.

No comments: