Saturday, June 22, 2019

Summer Break Week 3

I have had a recurring dream this week where I am in a chopper, holding tightly to the hand of someone I need to care for. This person's identity is never revealed but the chopper loses control and starts spinning above a raging ocean at night. As it goes down, we plummet into the ocean and I am still desperately trying to hold onto that hand while my lungs burn and I gasp for air. Each time I break out of the water, I am knocked back down by a powerful wave until the chopper explodes and I am thrown from the water and the hand is ripped from mine. I then wake up with a heavy chest and unsettled feeling. I am no expert but I am fairly certain one isn't required to interpret this nightmare. Life is a little crazy at the moment and whereas I am still enjoying the small things, journaling, exercising and eating well, I am not in total control and this is apparently the rub.
VBS increased his daily sugar intake by 100%

This week contained a full VBS schedule, two major doctor's appointments with two of my kids, the revelation Kate's knee pain has reappeared and a friend flew in for a visit from Texas. It wasn't a bad week by any stretch, just a very full week. I was able to laugh until tears ran down my face Tuesday night with a friend at the Jen Hatmaker and Heather Land show. Jen is quite relatable for me as she too has five children in different walks of life and we share a similar perspective of the parenting years. My girlfriend's visit was timely as well. Nothing settles a heart like wine on the deck with friends who know you and all your junk but love you anyway.






And then we made a quick round trip to Dayton Saturday for the Baughman family reunion. Ty loved fishing for hours and was happy to meet a cousin just a year younger than him who also loves fishing. The reunion was rather uneventful but we all located some engaging conversation, which is a drastic improvement over past experiences with this same crowd.

No comments: