Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Seven O'clock Bedtime Please

We moved the clocks back and Sunday I was pretty sure we weren't going to make it until bedtime. By 7pm, my brain was ready to put the children to bed and head there myself. Parenting is tough. I hung on until 8pm but it was against my better judgement. But under that heading, I saw a banner online and have requested Erin make one for me. It will likely remain a piece of living room decor for years to come. It simply says, "Please leave by 9". As much as I enjoy entertaining, I do have a bedtime. It appears I am fully embracing my Mimi status.

During communion Sunday morning I was thinking about how I run around and use a wet wipe to quickly polish up the bathroom when people are stopping by. I realized God was asking me to look at the areas of my heart I like to present as polished and shiny rather than be honest and clean up my "dirt". Just as the bathroom appears clean after a quick wipe down, my heart can also with enough projecting and guarding. First, welcome to my brain at work and second? It has given me a lot to think about this week.

My photography business has kept me busier than I dreamed possible when I launched it in September. I feel supported and have loved every minute of it. Here are some favorite images from the last few weeks. I am a little more melancholy than usual over the loss of gorgeous fall leaves this season as I know my creative outlet will likely wind down now. I hope to be invited into homes for lifestyle documentary photography this winter.












No comments: