Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Georgia Peach


The entire family gathered in Georgia to visit Lauren and meet Austin. It was one of Greg's sweetest birthdays holding his first grandson; a strong comparison to meeting Erin 23 years ago.




We are so proud of Lauren and Taylor and their growth as a couple. They make a good team. Austin is one blessed little boy. Having them out on their own navigating life together has been so good for them despite my selfish desire to hold them closer. The drive away from Georgia contained leaky eyes; my feelings are still big. And promises to see them again in June aren't settling my heart at all. It's been 36 hours and I am ready to hold him again.


Austin is a very laid back baby. He reminds me a lot of his momma as a newborn. He gives a lot of signals prior to fussing or complaining. And once his need is met, he is content again. And his needs are obviously being met. He has gained another ten ounces in six days! Little man has no intention of staying so little.




His awake periods don't last long yet at this two week mark, but he spends that time studying voices and the world around him. I could stare into those eyes forever.



He is perfect.




Kate and Ty were more than reluctant to leave and concocted a plan to remain in their active role of aunt and uncle. They wanted Greg and I to run home (9 hours each way), pack their belongings and bring them back. They were moving in with Lauren. Ty even suggested this was good for me because I wouldn't have to buy as many eggs. As if leaving my daughter and grandson wasn't big enough, Ty also thought Kenna could move in with Erin and I could keep my house cleaner. He is full of helpful ideas.


No comments: