Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Happening Here

On Tuesday of last week, Erin got really sick at work. So much so, they started IV's and a heart monitor. When I picked her up, I brought her home to watch her health for the next 24 hours. Roommates are great but when it comes to scary illnesses, I will just do it myself thank you very much. This is the second time Erin has literally collapsed with an unknown illness and scared the snot out of anyone witnessing it. What concerns me the most is the lack of explanation.


On Tuesday of last week, Lauren met with her new high risk obstetrician. The remainder of her pregnancy will be under his care now that she has officially been diagnosed with gestational diabetes. To say we are all surprised would be an understatement. But the good news is she and the baby are both very healthy and her diet alone is controlling her blood sugar. We are within a month of his birthday and very excited to meet him.

On Wednesday, God reminded me He is in control in all the areas I am not.
There have been Valentine parties at school and glimpses of spring in between ice storms and freezing rain. Sidewalk chalk took an interesting turn on Friday as Ty was drawing a cemetery alongside Kate drawing hopscotch games. Anna, blissfully unaware of Ty's unique game was happy to play along. It's a wonder I haven't been fired.






A large fort adorned the living room all weekend and housed a sibling sleepover Saturday night. I love the moments they stop bickering long enough to cooperate on a project. The results are as sweet as the silence. Winter doesn't bring out the best in us Baughmans as we tend to get on each other's nerves.

A jet pack was a necessary addition to Ty's wardrobe this weekend as well. Thank goodness enough neighbors and friends collect two liter bottles we were able to provide a matching one for his friend. My only hope is no one tests their ability to fly off high places.



No comments: