Sunday, November 5, 2017

Halloween Week


Trick-or-treat was a success. We hosted our traditional chili and hot dogs for friends and family and then tackled the neighborhood, one door at a time. It was a brisk evening but based on the amount of candy I am trying to avoid in the house, it was worthwhile.








Two of my favorite families requested photos this week. I enjoy the practice and appreciate their faith in my ability as I learn how to use the camera. It is the creative outlet I crave as I navigate the mundane.

Our week was full of little people, cheer practice, homework packets, tech week for Newsies which now has had three successful performances and plans for an upcoming baby shower under way. I slipped away with a friend to two local craft fairs and finally kicked off some Christmas shopping as result. The weekend was gorgeous and warm, something we are desperately grasping every ounce of beauty from because this too will pass. Quickly. Ready or not, November has arrived.

Greg got some big news. He is leaving UPS after 22 years on the 17th. He will be the new Senior Safety Engineer for Cummins in Columbus, Indiana. It will be a pretty hefty commute but he is happy to finally be back in his field of specialty, keeping people safe at work. The last three years at UPS haven't been fulfilling so it was time to move on. We realized he has never resigned a job before this one. All of his positions have been temporary jobs around college or high school until the billboard company he couldn't return to after his accident. To say he is a loyal employee, would be an understatement. I am ready to see my husband happy and valued at work again. Having him home for Christmas for the first time in eleven years is a serious bonus too.

No comments: