Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Lauren is 20!

For her birthday, she requested homemade chicken and noodles and a blizzard cake from Dairy Queen. I not only honored both requests, but I bought additional noodles and filled a jar with all the seasoning she would need to make the next batch in her new home in Texas.


She is excited to be planning her home with Taylor. They selected new bedding and have chosen bath towel colors. Pots and pans are on her Christmas list. She is a grown up now.
It is a bit surreal for me as her mother to be planning to send her on an adventure that doesn't include me. Frankly, our last couple of years together have been a joy as she has matured and grown into more than my daughter. She is my friend.
Happy birthday beautiful. I love you.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

We are so happy for her as she begins this new and exciting time in her life. She has become a lovely young woman, but we will always remember the silly little girl who always warmed our hearts.

TeamWilmore said...

Just beautiful!