Sunday, October 23, 2016

Fall Weekend

I spent my weekend filled to the brim with all the things I love about this time of year; cozy mornings cuddled with my kids in warm sweaters, reading together and impromptu shopping for pumpkins and chocolate (the two go hand in hand in my mind).






I was outside most of the weekend with some of my favorite people and the gorgeous golden and red hues filled me with happiness.....hopefully enough to carry me through the long colorless days of the next season. I finally sweet talked (or harassed until she complied depending upon who's version of events you seek) Erin into allowing me to photograph her. It has been a long time.




And the compromise? Meet Jake. Jake from Tinder. It helps to read that last part in the State Farm voice. Anyway, when Erin first told us she met someone online, I panicked. In my mind she was meeting a serial killer and we would never see her again. I am nice and rational like that. But as it turns out, Erin isn't the only one impressed with Jake. He is a good guy.



She kinda likes him. But if he is going to be bringing Halloween costumes over, he is going to see the crazy I try really hard to hide around here.

My husband worked Sunday morning and then spent the afternoon smoking "Mississippi prime rib" otherwise known as bologna. The amount of happiness this brought him was ridiculous. And given my refusal to consume bologna, we used a birthday gift card and went on a dinner date.
Much to his dismay, Jake's wig was not available for our date.

No comments: