Saturday, March 21, 2015

Bon-bons

It's been a fairly long week and we are all ready for spring break. I felt sarcastic mommy taking over my brain yesterday and tried really hard to reign her in. I was busy vacuuming the house when I heard my son repeating my name over and over. "MOM! MOM! MOM! I need your help!" He was signaling to his hands where he was wearing one glove and requesting assistance putting on another. Given the gloves were part of a costume and not needed immediately due to outside play, I asked him to wait until I was finished. He asked me what I was doing and I quipped back that I was resting and finishing my bon-bons.  Sarcasm is lost on five year old boys and he immediately needed to know what a bon-bon was and where I was hiding them. I honestly don't know what a bon-bon is. My life is not that glamorous.

Kate and her friend Allison enjoyed a painting class together this morning.

So we kicked off spring break today. The weather is cooperating nicely. The fresh air, a quick trip to St. Louis and family time are exactly what we need right now. We have been coping with some unwanted changes around here. It's time to regroup. I am grateful for the opportunity to do so.







2 comments:

Jill May said...

Kate looks so graceful! lets talk soon, so many things going on around here as well. Call when you get back from your trip, I hope you have an amazing time!

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

Tell Kate I love her painting! Can you also tell her to slow down? She is looking so grown up to me lately...