Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The journey continues....

I heard this song last weekend on the radio and it stopped me in my tracks. Beautiful. It made me think of Ryan. He made it so easy to recklessly love. I am grateful God called us to love him even though it was painful to lose him. I do appreciate the way God has orchestrated his life to be used to reach struggling teens and teach my own children valuable lessons about drugs. God is good, all the time. The build up to Ryan's 8th birthday today was tough. I've struggled the last few weeks. Perhaps it is the result of his testimony being shared this fall or seeing another family lose a baby recently but the days leading to this one were challenging. Lauren shared she felt the same way. In fact, as strange as it may seem, we both feel a sense of relief today. It finally arrived and we once again saw God continue to carry us. Even in grief, we are blessed.

Makenna decided to start our local public middle school after winter break. We enrolled her this afternoon. She is really excited as she is the only one "stuck at home with mom" these days. Highland Hills has an amazing theatre program she hopes to join. We felt this was an easy way to test the public school water prior to her acceptance into the Montessori school in August. Lauren is constantly worried she may be missing out on great experiences at Floyd Central even though she is thriving at the Montessori school. She lives in a "what if" state of mind. We hope to prevent that with Makenna. I can assure you, it is always something! For Makenna though, the toughest decision was giving up her days at home with Colby. She misses him on the weekends and isn't sure how she is going to get through the week with only a half hour a day with him. She is requesting weekend visitation! He is pretty stinking cute and she is president of his fan club.

In between school appointments, a conference, errands and a haircut I managed to bake cut out cookies. Erin, her friend Noelle and Kate iced them this evening. I hope to start buckeyes and mounds bars tonight and finally pizzelles in the next day or two. Being without a dishwasher with a family our size has limited the amount of time I want to spend in the kitchen but according to the calendar, I am out of time! Sears will be here with my replacement tomorrow. Poor Greg is exhausted and will be installing it for me before we are preparing Christmas meals this weekend. Once again, even in chaos, we are blessed.


(In case the link is not working as it appears to be inconsistent, the song is All of Me by Matt Hammitt and is easily found with a google search)

No comments: