Tuesday, June 21, 2011

And then we blinked.

Lauren 7, Erin 9

Kate playing dress up with Lauren's old dance team costume, age 6.
I could not believe my eyes when I saw Kate descend the staircase yesterday afternoon. Playing "dress up" left me wondering where on earth the time has gone. That stage of Erin and Lauren's life seems like yesterday. I love the teen phase we are in now, but still miss those days of innocent playtime and how much they adored their dance coach.

They are still friends, or more honestly, friends again and I love it. However, their bonding tends to take place after I have gone to bed and they are raiding the freezer for ice cream, making Lauren's famous grilled pesto, mozzarella and tomato sandwiches or scrambling eggs.



We have Paige here most nights to take photos and aid in the cleaning out of said freezer. She's like one of the family.
And in the morning, I attempt to keep little ones from climbing all over what remains of the sleepover.
Makenna has a series of friends who are in and out around here but time with Hannah is extra special because we have to schedule those gatherings. Hannah doesn't live in the neighborhood and usually gets to stay a few days when she comes. They have a blast and are constantly giggling together.

Candy enjoyed cuddling with Colby while I coaxed Ty into the water. He was having no part of it!



We checked out the free water park in Louisville this afternoon for 20 minutes. It took me longer than that to get out the door but a thunderstorm blew in once we arrived! Ty was not impressed with the "showers" or the rain! Colby was pretty laid back about it all. Kate was freezing! We'll try it again another day. Candy's family fosters two little girls right now and the oldest wanted to play at the water park so the day was for Hailey and she had a great time. Fortunately, they arrived an hour before us so Hailey was not disappointed. 
The boys like to "help" me.
And so do the girls? They better hope I don't hold them to their idea of a meal plan! This is what I get for failing to update this week. Did I mention how much I enjoy the teen years?

2 comments:

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

They do grow up fast! Love the pic of Kate dressed up in the dance costume.

Sorry, it rained at the water park - would love to check it out with you whenever you go back :)

Oh - and I am now craving a grilled pesto, mozzerella and tomato sandwich - what time should I be there??? A little after midnight :) :

Baughman Family said...

We will have to check it out again. It was a little chaotic but a lot of that was getting Ty to try the water so I could allow Colby to play too.
Anytime after midnight is fine but like I tell the girls, if you wake me, the kitchen will be closed!