Thursday, January 20, 2011

A boxload of fun!

My friend, Erin Jackson sent us a box full of hand-me-down twin bedding for Ty's upcoming big boy bed. It is construction themed and so much fun.....I'll post photos when everything gets put together. Anyway, the kids are having a blast with the box......

I've had little sleep the last three nights for a variety of reasons. Last night, just 10 hours after Ty's WELL baby visit, he developed a 102.4 fever. He was up and down all night and is miserable AGAIN. Thank God we get to wait six months for our next appointment. I wish doctors made house calls.

So, the box has provided art class of sorts for the girls today. We haven't done any art projects this year because I have been so focused on the basics and preparing Lauren for high school next year. Given my level of sleep deprivation, it was a good day to set the books aside and let them create, play and imagine together.

Parenting has presented some new challenges this week. It's been tough. I can't say the teen years are more difficult than the earlier phases, they are just different. Erin was presented with something that put her in the middle of an uncomfortable encounter. She handled it well, but she was depleted in the end. Sometimes the hard choice is the right choice. I am proud of her. On top of her situation, we've been presented with some worldly issues. The kids' music selections have left Greg and I wondering if they should be allowed to choose what they listen to. It is such a tough line to draw. At what point do you allow them to make choices and learn from them and when do you say "absolutely not"?  I have discussed the "if Jesus were in the room with you, would you be comfortable listening to/ watching this?". Revelations this week proved they aren't applying that rule to their decisions. I'm praying...

Speaking of prayer, I very selfishly prayed last night for God to help Ty sleep all night because I was tired. I had tears in my eyes...exhausted and yet feeling guilty for even uttering the words. There are so many mothers desperate for real healing and serious issues to be resolved. Sleep deprivation adds to my selfishness.


Makenna in a box. She'd like to wear makeup like a clown but clowns scare the heck out of Lauren.....that almost makes it more tempting for Makenna!


I could get real used to having him confined like this!

Lauren is on the back side of the box, once again hiding from the camera. Her side is all about Justin Bieber.....Ty's latest words!

2 comments:

Jill said...

It sounds like you have had a hard week, and it seems sleep is falling way too short for all of us!!! Parenting issues and lack of sleep have moved in here as well. Let Lauren know that I am also TERRIFIED of clowns, and I agree that Makenna should not put clown makeup on!!!

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

I too am terrified of clowns!!!

I'm sorry about the lack of sleep and Ty not feeling well. I hope he feels better soon.

Sounds like we could both use a good cup of tea and some "us time." Let's do get together soon!!