Saturday, November 13, 2010

Little blessings

This boy is wild and 16 months old today

Kate and Ty are both captivated by this little guy. He is a sweet little addition to our family two days a week.
Last week, I hit a mailbox with my passenger side mirror while avoiding a school bus in oncoming traffic who was left of center. I counted myself blessed to have hit only a mailbox and turned around to find the mailbox I hit to make it right with the owner. I knew the general vicinity but after two round trips looking for the right one, I couldn't narrow it down because four in a row were bashed in.....apparently this is not uncommon on that road! I was worried about it and talked with Greg about how to find the right one. Kate, the helpful one, has looked "for the mailbox Mommy hit" every time I've taken her out. By her calculations, I've hit no less than 1000 mailboxes thus far!
My van is having some mechanical issues and Greg was under it in search of our latest culprit this morning. Kate, again, our helpful one, pulled her little battery operated jeep up next to my van and her dad on the garage floor and told him it didn't sound right when she started it. That just happens to be the issue my van had a month or so ago when the battery was dying!
Greg was off work this week. It was a beautiful week. The weather was amazing and we did a whole lot of nothing. It was the calm before the storm. The upcoming season stresses us out with the demands of everything that comes with it so it was just wonderful to hang out together all week. Have I mentioned how much I love that man?

No comments: