Monday, June 21, 2010

R&R Reflections

I had the amazing opportunity to relax today.....it worked! I did it! I lounged in or by a pool for 4 hours without anyone asking for anything, getting into anything, crying, splashing me or whining! My friend Jennifer made the suggestion a month ago and I firmly put the date on the calendar and by the grace of God, nothing interfered with it! I still can't believe it myself. Greg held down the fort with Erin's help and the place was still standing and everyone was fed and happy when I returned. Whew! Coming home in a quiet mood with a few hours relaxation under my belt (or tankini as the case may be) made me appreciate all my family just a little bit more. Ty threw himself into my arms with the biggest grin on his face. Kate was curled up asleep on the big comfy chair but woke within minutes. Her hair was damp from sweat and was still curly from the rollers she talked Erin into last night. She suddenly looked like a big girl to me. I couldn't take my eyes off her. When Greg and I note how one of the kids has suddenly grown or changed, we say "and then we blinked". It really feels that way sometimes. In the blink of an eye, it changes. Reflection is good....so is relaxation. I think I need to try that again someday!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Isn't relaxation a wonderful thing? I think we need to go to the herb gardens for relaxation round #2 !!! I am glad you had such a wonderful day. And yes, these kids are changing in the blink of an eye!