Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Letter to clothing designers

I need to vent....I am a 30 something year old woman who would like to dress age appropriately and conservatively. This is apparently too much to ask as I have spent countless hours in search of basic wardrobe pieces and come away empty handed. It is discouraging at best. I don't think it is appropriate for me to look like my teenage daughters nor do I want to dress like my mother or grandmother; however, there doesn't appear to be any middle ground out there. I finally discovered jeans that actually fit my body with minimal alterations required but they are in a store full of other merchandise that makes me blush! So, praise God I can be caught up with jeans for a few years at a time. My basic wardrobe is made up of jeans, capris and tee shirts. Some changes have been made in the tee shirt department to dress them up a bit, but why on earth do we have to wear layers in order to have enough fabric to avoid being see through? I don't want to wear two tee shirts at a time, I have enough laundry thank you very much. Shorts, don't even get me started on shorts. Good heavens, there isn't enough material there to cover an anorexic barbie! And they want how much for them???? I'd just like to bend over to pick up my son without exposing myself. This is where my darling husband points out the proper lifting procedures and I ever so sweetly express how much I love being married to a safety supervisor! But I digress, I really do want to update my wardrobe to  look like a put together momma, not my baby's grandma or a teenager. And I'd like to accomplish that without breaking the bank. Any suggestions would be appreciated or if you happen to know any clothing designers, please pass this along!

This is where I could start in on sizing and the unlimited hours we could spend in dressing rooms with multiple pieces of the same item and have multiple fits.....but  I'll let that go for now.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I have a few things to add too...if I am wearing a tee with a scooped neck, I would like to be able to bend over to pick up something without the whole shirt gaping open to reveal WAY too much about myself, and I would also like jeans that would fit my waist AND my hips all at the same time!!! Don't even get me started on swim suits...