Monday, May 18, 2009

Baby Ty's updates

I had an ultrasound this afternoon and Ty weighed in at an impressive 4 lbs. He is quite chubby with a "Budda Belly" (according to the tech). He has fat feet, chubby cheeks and a head full of hair. He had so much that we were able to see it on the screen! There may be something to that old wives tale about heart burn and hair! My amniotic fluid levels are borderline. I have to go to bed and drink as much water as I can for a week to see if it helps increase the fluid levels. Dr. Allen didn't seem to think it was really going to make much difference but wants to try everything we can to keep him cooking as long as possible. I will have another ultrasound and a non stress test next Tuesday to see how he's doing after a week. I am contracting a little today but they aren't regular or progressive. After such a long weekend, it was reassuring to see him so big and strong and have the doctors optimistic that I will be hanging in there a little longer. I hope this testing of all limits is something Ty leaves in the womb!

No comments: