Thursday, October 22, 2015

Recently Overheard

"The lunch ladies are so nice. They give me chocolate milk sometimes". I later received a bill from those nice lunch ladies for an account I didn't set up because I send lunch, snack and water every day. So I paid the balance for six chocolate milks and included a note asking they not let my son charge chocolate milk in the future. In what world do we let kids choose sweets over packed lunches and send the bills to their parents? This is kindergarten not college. And for the record, my college kids pay for their own chocolate milk.

"If I could choose one super power it would be to stop time. I would sleep in as late as I wanted and do my hair everyday........Wait! Who am I kidding? I still wouldn't do my hair." Makenna dresses for comfort 99.9% of the time.

"I got so mad at Maddie today. She was coloring pictures of me and making me purple. I told her to stop and she didn't so I told her I was telling Lauren." I asked if Maddie knew who Lauren was and he answered, "she didn't but I told her it meant big bad trouble". Lord help me. Lauren is pleased as punch with this story by the way. And I would love to be a fly on the wall in kindergarten.

A new doctor Makenna is seeing recommended we check out essential oils to treat some of her health complaints. We've recently invested and are still on a steep learning curve but we are seeing some results. Greg didn't say much as we started but has recently requested some peppermint be rubbed into his temples to deal with a headache and mentioned he'd done some research on fractionated coconut oil and found some recipes he thought were interesting. Never in a million years would I have guessed he'd spend anytime investigating oils or believe they were worth trying. After more than twenty years, he still surprises me sometimes!

Anna announced she had six brothers the other day. She claims their names are Cereal, Cookie, Shoddy, Sad (but he isn't sad), Khaki and Zuma. They were all in my living room and going to be coming with her every day. I text her mom. "I am going to need a raise".

Lauren and Taylor were debating what famous couple they could be for Halloween. I about died when I heard "Bruce and Caitlyn Jenner" tossed into the discussion. I have no words.




1 comment:

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

Must see a pic of Lauren and Taylor on Halloween!