|photo credit Kate Ryan|
In other news, you know you are the mother of teenagers when....
- you have a car payment but have nothing to drive
- when you actually do get your vehicle back, it is running on fumes
- you assume your child is lying at the bottom of a hidden ravine somewhere because she was missing for two hours
- you lose more sleep waiting on them to come in from outings with friends than you did with them as newborns
- and more so when they are out with boys!
- you can talk about life with someone who is starting to understand it and form their own opinions
- the laughter is amazing
- so are the tears
- typically in the same day you experience both emotions simultaneously.
We're heading out to celebrate Miss Devyn's third birthday. Yesterday she played with Makenna's makeup and was quite interested in "blending in with a brush" followed closely by applying lip balm to her forehead. She's adorable.