Thursday, May 8, 2014

Happening Here

Erin enrolled in ATA College dental assisting program on Tuesday. She and I spent a few hours working through paperwork, interviews and meeting the people who will be supporting her efforts. Afterward we celebrated with dinner at Olive Garden. I love finding restaurants who will substitute pasta for veggies! Go Olive Garden!

Erin has been asked to help train a potential new manager at Subway. The first thing Erin told Richard was that she would like a Stingray Convertable and to have her schooling paid for. He was taken aback so she followed up with a comment about how she knew he was secretly on the show, "Undercover Boss". As it turns out, he isn't but he's a bit concerned about the nineteen year old who told him to make his own sandwich despite the fact he may be her new boss! Customers and managers love that girl but she automatically assumes everyone understands her sarcastic humor. Richard is being trained on far more than Subway standards, I am afraid.

We had a play date at Maverick and Gleason's house Tuesday morning. Their lovely mother insisted the kids stay for lunch while I grocery shopped ALL BY MYSELF! Scarlett may be my new best friend based exclusively on that offer alone. When I picked them up I was told they had peanut butter sandwiches because they wouldn't eat the lunch she prepared. I was embarrassed and inquired further. Ty informed her he doesn't eat Cheerios in pasta. Scarlett cracked up. My children do not recognize canned pasta. 


Lauren landed a new job with JCPenney! She gained a raise and will no longer smell like fries! She's excited and nervous. We couldn't be happier for her.



The tow truck driver had quite an audience.

The Venture has taken her final ride. I am a bit emotional saying goodbye as a lot of life has taken place around that vehicle. She was a solid and dependable van for eleven and a half years and 204,744 miles. Now I am grounded since Lauren needs a car to get to school and work. See ya, Kia. That was short-lived.

1 comment:

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

I love Erin - her sense of humor cracks me up :)