Thursday, August 27, 2015

Tooth Fairy Visits

Kate lost a tooth just after school yesterday. Ty was pretty bummed he wouldn't be getting a prize from the tooth fairy but Kate would. While the tooth fairy scrounged up enough coins to create a dollar, the going rate for teeth in the Baughman home, she had a few minutes to think about Ty's disappointment. Sometimes the tooth fairy needs to make a point so she wrote Ty a note and left it on his dresser when she made her tooth exchange.


Hi Ty!
I heard you were disappointed I was only going to visit your sister tonight because she lost a tooth. So I checked on you while you were sleeping and noticed you haven’t been brushing your teeth very much. It’s kinda yucky in there! I hope you let the dentist clean your teeth soon. I also would like you to start brushing your teeth better every day so I can bring you a surprise when you lose them. I bring the best prizes to the best teeth. I know you are a big boy who goes to kindergarten so I think you can take good care of your teeth if you wanted to.
Maybe the next time I visit your house I will get to bring something special to you!
Love,
The Tooth Fairy


He loved it and took it to school with him. He showed it to one of the helpers in his class and she read it aloud to the kids in his area. She later told Kate he confessed to brushing his teeth three times this morning! Erin has scheduled him for a dental cleaning in her office on Tuesday where I am assured he will not be permitted to negotiate his way out of a cleaning. This will be our fourth attempt. The tooth fairy has gotten desperate.
 

2 comments:

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

The tooth fairy is a genius! I am anxious to hear how this plays out...we need an update after Tuesday.