Friday, February 8, 2013

My World This Week

Little man entered the grocery store with a list of his own. It had four items on it and rest assured, whereas it appeared to be scribbles to me, he knew exactly what it said.
1. marshmellows
2. nutella
3. ice cream
4. yogurt
He had a 25% success rate because Mommy didn't follow his list and purchased only the yogurt. Poor guy. He kept saying, "but it's on the list!". I checked out while my son complained and discovered my debit card was not in my wallet. Erin used it last night to fill up the truck's gas tank. She still had it. Embarrassed, I had to leave the groceries with customer service while I ran home. As I was fastening Ty's car seat straps, I remembered I have checks in my wallet. Dear Lord my brain is fried. I had popped into a Kroger store on my way back out of town after dropping Lauren for her first day in the salon. I am grateful it was not a store I often shop. I am fairly certain I won't be back soon. Those people looked at me like I was crazy when I walked right back in and wrote a check.

I attended our HOA meeting last night so I needed Erin to run the bedtime routine for me at home. I walked into the door 30 minutes post bedtime to find both little ones had been bathed and were sound asleep in their own beds. Erin's hired. I suspect all the fresh air and treasure digging we did yesterday contributed but it was a beautiful way to wrap up a gorgeous day. As for the HOA meeting, it was much calmer than anticipated and I reported to one neighbor that I found it relaxing. She thinks I need to get a life. She may be right. Although she also thought I should take over as the HOA president so we clearly cannot trust her judgement.
Ty tapes rocks to my fridge. Why? I have no idea.

I had my annual eye exam Monday afternoon. My eyes have significantly declined since last year; however, given my age and the way this is progressing, the doctor believes they will be even worse in six months. He described it as leaning over the edge of a cliff. Nice? So, he suggested I hold out until I can no longer read or drive without headaches before calling him back. I will need bi-focals. I have never needed glasses and am not excited about this revelation. I hear muffled voices all the time but refuse to have my ears checked. A girl can only handle so much at one time. Have I mentioned the rate in which my gray hairs are multiplying? This turning 40 gig? Not cute.
 

And that little leak we are dealing with? Well lets just say our house floats. We lose a gallon a minute now. It's lovely knowing that I could wake up any morning to find myself in the house riding down the water-slide we have created at the top of this hill in which we live. I am kidding of course. That can't actually happen. Can it? At any rate, our plumber kept getting tied up with other projects and will finally make an appearance here tomorrow. I won't kiss him but there will be gushing. It won't be pretty. Sort of like my walls. But my water bills? Oh yeah! Bring on those predictable $250 water bills again. I will still complain but with some perspective. It can ALWAYS be worse.

2 comments:

Jill May said...

I have the feeling you and I will get bifocals at about the same time. It took me a good 5 minutes to thread a needle the other day, I simply couldn't see to do it. I did a great job at poking holes in my finger, though. Aaron took a good look at the top of my head this evening and informed me that he couldn't believe how much grey hair was on my head. Then, being the smart child that he is, he told me he loved it and that I was beautiful. Hmmm. he must want something....

Jill May said...

Oh, and I forgot to mention...if you are having trouble hearing, you may want to get it checked out. Greg has trouble with that sometimes too, it is a huge wax build up that he gets that the Dr has to remove. His ears feel much better afterwards.