Monday, February 25, 2013

Heaven on Earth

Ty was intimidated by the big kids on the trampoline. Typically he would join with gusto but on Sunday, he needed a nap and that wore down his resilience. I invited him to join my walk which quickly transitioned from a walk for exercise to a scavenger hunt instead. There were driveway bumps to explore with the stroller as"baby Josie" joins all our excursions these days. We had to check out the construction area where we discovered a water hole, a "mountain of dirt" with an endless supply of rocks just waiting to be thrown. I believe my son heard the Halleluiah choir sing as we encountered his Heaven on earth.
His imagination is endless. We spent an hour and a half in this spot before wandering down to the creek where the tiny dinosaurs live.
 
At bedtime his freshly bathed baby scent envelopes his stinky boy smell creating an intoxicating aroma I can't breathe in deeply enough, desperate to preserve this season. I love his endless chatter and adorable requests. As he drifted off to sleep, he told me I needed to fly up to the sky in one of his rockets and tell the storm guy he needs to calm down. In his mind, I have the incredible power to keep his world safe but make no mistake, he quickly assures me I am not the boss of him though. I pray we can safeguard his innocence and wonder.
He's been practicing his "Big T's". I think we were wise to avoid Nathanial as his birth name. We'd need butcher paper to get through handwriting practice. 

3 comments:

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

This is such a precious and fun age - I love the adventures little boys can take us on :) Sweet post!!

Jill May said...

There is nothing more fun, sweet, loving, adventurous, ornery, tiring, and wonderful as a 3 year old boy. Soak in every moment, it passes way too fast! I can't believe mine will be 12 ..... sigh!

TeamWilmore said...

He is such a cutie! I love the picture of him by the creek - beautiful!!!