Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 in Review

It was a full year. We've all grown, some more than others. Some spiritually and others? Well, I'd rather not discuss that. We wrapped up some projects and started more. We were certainly in touch with our creative sides this year. We fostered puppies and hosted lots of extra kids. Friends visited and babies played. There were some health scares and praises to follow for good friends and for our sweet Colby. We celebrated holidays and birthdays. We said good bye to my Grandma. We met a few city employees and saw the inside of a courtroom. I sent my baby to prom and onto the road alone. Letting go appeared to be a theme for me personally this year. End of school years were celebrated and new beginnings started. A few times. Chapters were closed and contentment rediscovered. Trips "home" were enjoyed and we had to let Colby move away. Illnesses were fought and won. A swing set was built. Kate lost teeth and wrestling matches ensued, although the two are not related. Lessons were learned.

2012 is ready to go. We aren't marking the New Year the way we traditionally would with my sister's family and my parents. It makes me rather sad but if there is one thing I have learned this year, it's that I don't have control and that is okay. I have been letting go a little at a time. Only when I let go can God lead the way. 2013 is sure to hold many blessings, challenges, growth opportunities, milestone birthdays and joy. Bring it.

No comments: